Monday, October 4, 2010

The exciting weekend

Well I was determined to get out of the apartment this weekend and do something. I decided to make my way towards Seoul to a place in Yoengdeundpo called Times Square. Believe me, it is nothing at all like the Big Apple ! It took me 1 hour on the subway to get there. And once I arrived, I immediately proceeded to get lost. Of course  being 100% man, I never truly get lost, I merely take the scenic route ! Well after an hour on the "scenic route," I decided I should ask someone. " AHA ! There is a tourist information booth !"  I stroll up to the counter and ask one of the ladies there " Do you know where Times Square is " and what a shocker, She replies" Me no speeky Englishee." I look at the other 3 ladies standing there and ask if ANYONE speak a little English. Of course the answer is no. I guess for a few minutes I was out of my head and forgot I was in Korea. I made the fatal assumption that a tourist information booth would speak some English. Although the sign was written in English, it is meant for Korean tourist....Pffft
I eventually found the place on my own. By now I was so tired, I just wanted to eat and go home. I at some really good Mexican food at On The Border. Then I went to Quiznos and got 2 foot long sandwiches to go (lunch and dinner for the next day ! ) And then I stopped in at Krispy Kreme for some definitely unneeded calories. Then I lugged my food with me back to the subway, which was no jam packed. I truly know how sardines feel. I had to stand there for another hour back and then a 20 minute walk back to the apartment. All told, I left at 2pm and got back at 7:30pm. 5 1/2 hours for lunch.
I think I need to buy a small notepad and pen and always take my camera with me when I go out. There are a lot of other things that happened, but I don't remember now.
I am trying this out in a bigger font, let me know if bigger is better !

No comments:

Post a Comment